New Saint Andrews College Northwest Scholarship
New Saint Andrews College is offering the Northwest Scholarship to ten first-time college students (freshmen) from Idaho, Washington, Montana, and Oregon. The students must be high school seniors applying for full-time admission at the college. The scholarship is for $2,000 each school year and renews automatically so long as the student maintains a 3.0-grade point average or higher. Students from the area have the opportunity to participate in a competition after reading Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown. After completing the book, eligible students must submit a 2-3 minute video presenting their analysis of the book, focusing on the virtue(s) you think it exemplifies. In order to participate in the competition, you must submit an Undergraduate BA Application by February 1st at New Saint Andrews College. The winners will be announced by March 1st, 2019. Below you will find a more detailed list of requirements for accessing and completing the scholarship application. We look forward to your entries! Godspeed!
Northwest Scholarship Requirements
A $2,000 scholarship is available to first-time college freshmen coming to New Saint Andrews College from Idaho, Washington, Montana, or Oregon.
- Scholarship Type: Competition (10 Scholarships awarded per year)
- Eligibility: Students eligible for the scholarship must be high school seniors seeking the Bachelor of Arts degree who apply for full-time admission by February 1st and come to NSA from Idaho, Washington, Montana, or Oregon. Students must enroll at the College immediately following high school graduation.
- Renewal: Automatically renewed for up to four years, as long as the recipient remains a BA seeking, full-time student, who maintains a 3.0-grade point average or higher. Recipients whose grades drop below the 3.0 average or are under discipline for poor academic performance or violations of the student code of conduct are not eligible for automatic renewal of their Northwest Scholarship.
Competition Details and Requirements
- Read the book Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown. This is the story of nine Americans and their epic quest for gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics.
- Produce a brief video and submit according to the specifications below. The video must present a creative analysis of the book, focusing on the virtue(s) you think it exemplifies.
Duration of Video: 2-3 minutes (maximum of 3 minutes)
Video File Format: Upload your video to Google Drive or Dropbox and email the link to email@example.com
Submission Deadline: February 1, 2019